The Cougar Foundation, formerly Palmyra Area Education Foundation, PAEF, has provided greater than $100,000 in financial assistance to enhance the educational experience for thousands of Palmyra school children in grades K-12. PAEF is a non-profit organization that provides grants for scholastic programs and projects for the students and teachers of Palmyra schools. All donations are tax-deductible and support student learning and achievement.
These are examples of recent grants in actions:
- PAMS Makerspace Design Challenge – students were increasing their STEM skills of critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication.
- Inspiring Coding at the Middle School – The overall goal of this project was to promote coding in the Palmyra Middle School and to inspire students to code.
- National TEAMS Competition – Assist in expenses as they competed and represented Palmyra School District well at a national level.
- 2013-2015 Lego Robotics teams were supported at the high school level and expanded just this year into the middle school to enhance Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Known as the hardest fun you will ever have, this program challenges young minds to think outside the box.
- An archery program at the Middle School was initiated by funding provided by PAEF. The teacher who developed the program said, “Archery has proven to be a program that definitely reached students. I feel like we have managed to provide the kids with a truly “lifelong” activity.”
- PAEF supported multiple math and reading enhancement programs within the Elementary division to encourage students to excel in these critical areas.
- PAEF recently supported Rachel’s Challenge presentations for the 6th-12thgrade students. This nationally-known anti-bullying program based on the tragic death of “Rachel”, the first student killed at Columbine is intended to instill a culture of kindness and understanding among our student body. The students initiated a Friends of Rachel (F.O.R.) Club.
The requested grants are reviewed and awarded by the non-profit PAEF. Your donations go directly back to the students in K-12 at the Palmyra School District by supporting the Foundation.
Please consider giving a tax-deductible donation to the PAEF to continue funding for educational programs in our school district.
Thank you for your consideration.
President, Palmyra Area Education Foundation